- Growth potential of large-cap stocks
- Management by experienced growth experts
- Research-driven investment process
- Disciplined portfolio construction
Process & Philosophy
The changing U.S. economy continues to provide significant growth opportunities for large-cap companies. Allianz Focused Growth managed account portfolio is a smart way to access the growth potential of this asset class.
RESEARCH-INTENSE INVESTMENT PROCESS
The Allianz Focused Growth strategy seeks to invest in high quality growth companies with relatively attractive valuations. To achieve this goal, the managers leverage Allianz Global Investors' robust research platform for the necessary data for valuation and stock selection.
- The global research team comprises approximately 80 analysts who each conduct an average of 100 annual meetings with corporate management at key companies.
- This fundamental research is complemented by unique Grassroots Research, which combines an in-house staff, over 350 independent researchers and more than 50,000 industry contacts to gather on-the-ground market intelligence.
Allianz Focused Growth managed account portfolio seeks to outperform its benchmarks, the Russell 1000 Growth and S&P 500 Indices. Selecting the stocks to achieve this goal is done in accordance with a disciplined process.
- Growth screen-Research universe of large-cap U.S. stocks regarding growth prospects, looking for evidence of sustained earnings growth, positive cash flow, a unique market position, proprietary products/services and productive research and development.
- Quality screen-Remaining stocks are screened for strong quality attributes, including management integrity, well capitalized balance sheet, and sound accounting principles.
- Valuation screen-Identify stocks with above market growth rates, positive relative valuations and reasonable risk exposure.
- Reality check-Industries and companies considered for inclusion in the portfolio may also be researched by by GrassrootsSM research.
- Security selection-Best opportunities for growth are included in the portfolio, with adjustments made according to client specifications.