Our online target-date tool for financial advisors helps them analyze QDIAs for their clients. Now it's easy to narrow the target-date universe and comply with regulations.
Why Is This a Critical Time for Your Clients?
Target-date funds (TDFs) are the fastest growing segment of the defined contribution space, making it critical that you and your clients make the right target-date choice today. And with so many changes in the target-date landscape since 2008, including a new era of increased regulation, greater investor responsibility and a more acute focus on risk management, it’s more important than ever to reevaluate your target-date choices:
More new products. In 2006, there were seven TDF families with three-year track records. Today, there are more than 40.
Volatile market conditions show just how different TDFs can be. In 2008, 2010 TDFs lost between 9% and 41%.¹
Regulations and tips from the DOL require that plan sponsors document their QDIA selection process, but many plan sponsors are still unsure how to choose the most appropriate QDIA for their plan’s specific demographics.²
Why Use the Target-Date Tool Set™?
It’s free and easy to use. It’s comprehensive. It’s completely customizable. And it's available online whenever you need it.
What’s In It?
The Target-Date Tool Set™ provides you with customized, private-labeled reports that help you document the TDF selection process to meet your clients' fiduciary obligations.
- Helps clients answer "What glidepath is right for my plan?"
- By inputting actual plan demographics, plan goals and risk tolerance into a simple questionnaire, clients receive a customized report where they can compare current, risk tolerance and optimized glidepaths.
- Understand the forecasted results, reliability and risk of each glidepath and evaluate target-date solutions that align with the chosen glidepath.
- Helps clients answer "What target-date fund is right for my plan?"
- With a few clicks, you and your plan-sponsor clients and prospects can easily select up to four target-date funds to compare.
- Size up target-date fund families using an apples-to-apples comparison of critical metrics, such as number of underlying fund managers, risk-adjusted return and glidepath design.
Financial advisors, log in
and you can access this valuable resource to the target-date fund selection process.